Outback [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas - OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Wed Jul 2 12:54:13 PDT 2003

marco mangelsdorf wrote:
> I heard that BP Solar decided to no longer carry any Outback products in
> their BOS list?  Anyone know why?

We here at OutBack were the ones who made the decision to end our
distribution agreement with BP Solar - they did not drop us.  We made
this change for several reasons - but mostly because we could not figure
out a good way to keep a "level playing field" between our large
distributors and our smaller distributors.  To us, the BP affiliation
did not warrant the additional discount they demanded - and we also did
not see them making amount of investment and effort being put in by our
other smaller distributors.

This has resulted in OutBack choosing to pick up a few more distributors
- mostly the larger BP partners who were getting the product through BP
previously.

We also have been making some other changes with our distributors - but
thats another topic.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas at outbackpower.com  www.outbackpower.com