Different systems vs the same system (Was Conduit insidethe tracker pole) [

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Tue Jun 17 20:34:32 PDT 2003

Speaking of AC and DC wires, a local electrician called us to come out and
see why his stoopid inverter wouldn't work. He had "installed" the system
his'self (and did a very nice job of bending conduit) and managed to connect
his panels in such a way as to produce 800 volts at the disconnect. It's
just as well things didn't actually turn on since he also had the polarity
reversed. Golly.

He also had made his connections with wire nuts. How cool.

After a little re-connecting, things seem to run fine.

Just being an electrician doesn't seem to produce good work by osmosis!

Matt T