Cost per kWh [RE-wrenches]

Charlie Robb, Element Engineering element.eng at quista.net
Fri May 30 04:52:03 PDT 2003

Folks,

Have a go with PVsyst - download from www.pvsyst.com . The download is a
10-day free evaluation. The software produces all of the data I could ever
need for every type of PV system, and provides neat printouts. I have found
the sun paths feature useful - you can draw a horizon line on the chart and
the software derates the system accordingly. Worth a play.

When people phone up and start asking about cost per kWh, or use the words
"payback" or "save money" I know the job's a bogey. However, our funding
schemes in the UK require "Energy Savings" calculations preferrably using
approved models, which is a slightly more relevant and interesting exercise.

Cheers
Charlie

Charlie Robb
Element Engineering

77 Society Road
South Queensferry
Edinburgh
EH30 9XP      UK

Tel: 0131 331 5835
Fax: 0131 331 5848
Mobile: 07887 991866

"Disclaimer:

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee and may contain
information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print
or rely on this e-mail.  If an addressing or transmission error has
misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this
e-mail."

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm