Shipping RE equipment to Mexico [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Clearwater clrwater at earthlink.net
Wed May 21 07:59:17 PDT 2003

<x-flowed>
Basically the same as Windy's response > on a recent Mexico job we
did, the customer had us ship to a trucker/moving service on the US
side and the trucker then took it to Mexico as a mixed load. The
trucker then determines what is appropriate to ask for in terms of
duties/import fees.   For small jobs this can work.

Also offlist I'll send you a Mexico solar contact who may be able to
help from that side.

cheers,

Jeff C.

>>Hello-
>>Does anyone have experience with shipping equipment to Mexico?  I am
>>looking to send (3) 165W panels, 2 60Ah batteries and some small
>>components for a small wastewater aeration system south of Cancun.  I
>>have been having a heck of a time finding a currier and figuring out how
>>much duties/taxes I need to pay.  Any suggestions are appreciated. Does
>>anyone know of dealers in eastern Mexico I could buy from direct or a
>>cheap way to ship?
>>ciao,
>>aj
>>
>>Draker Solar Design, LLC
>>www.drakersolar.com
>>Phone 802 238-8648
>>Fax     802 657-3731
>

>The simplest approach is to ask the customer if they already use an
>export/import agent on the US side for other things that they buy
>from US. If they have one, work through that person and ship it to
>their office on the US side. Let them handle it from there.
>
>Windy
>
>- - - -

>List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

>Hosted by Home Power magazine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeff Clearwater
Village Power Design Associates
Sustainable Energy & Water Solutions for Home & Village

877-SOLARVillage
PO Box 115
Boonville, CA 95415

61 Baker Rd