Lagos NY [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Tue May 20 17:16:44 PDT 2003

Smitty,

Isn't international commerce great?! I was recently contacted by a gentleman
with a strong middle-Eastern accent looking for pumps. These were big,
expensive sewage and bore hole, three phase pumps - readily available in
Europe and, I dare say, the Middle East. Why me in California?? He wanted to
pay with a credit card! I said I didn't take CC's, so he told me he could
"arrange something" with a bank draft on a Saudi bank! After they got the
pumps!!!

Right.

Then this morning's email contained an "Official Notice" of my winning a
lottery (called El Gordo of all things) in the Netherlands. Don't tell
anyone. Just give us a bank number to transfer funds to.

Why can't people just get a job?

Caveat emptor.

Matt T