Over current protection for charge controllers [RE-wrenches]

Kirk Herander, VSE kirk at vtsolar.com
Sat May 10 07:13:17 PDT 2003

When I install a Power panel charge controller, I do the old school
method of using a double pole fused disconnect and route both the array
positive and the battery positive through it so the controller can be
isolated with the flip of one switch. The DC250 box is way too small and
gets crowded very easily so I don't install a second breaker inside it.
How that box passed the wire-bending space rules its hard to say. The
Outback PSDC is a joy to work with compared to the Xantrex DC250 / 175.

Kirk Herander
Vermont Solar Engineering
POB 697
Burlington, Vt. 05402