Cool sighting [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Tue Apr 29 16:37:13 PDT 2003

Brad,

Your tax dollars at work! Back in those days the guv'mint was handing out
funding for the development of large scale wind turbines. Oddly (ho ho ho),
the only recipients of these funds just happened to be Boeing and
Westinghouse. I watched them "take down" the big Westinghouse piece of junk,
by blowing it up! It was deemed "too expensive" to dismantle the
monstrosity, so Ka-Boom! There were many of us at the time who felt that
these giganto machines were a bad idea, preferring, instead, the concept of
more small turbines to reduce the environmental impact and totalitarian
stupidity of a small problem being capable of shutting down 100% of your
plant instead of just a part of it.

Thank heavens those companies don't make airplanes or nuclear reactors!

The new generation of big turbines are really great. It sure took a long
time to perfect appropriate technology though, didn't it?

Matt T