Cool sighting [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Tue Apr 29 08:38:02 PDT 2003

What's also interesting about the new 1.5 megawatt turbines is that their
wings (blades) are so big (120' plus) that they can't be transported except
on a very few major highways by special, middle of the night, permit. The
REALLY big ones (3 mW) that are being installed offshore in Europe, are so
big they can only be moved by sea and air.

I recently completed a consulting job for a large turbine company that
intends to install a new generation 2.5 mW turbine in either Lompoc or out
in the desert. It has a rotor diameter of 300"! The biggest land based
turbine in North America.

Matt T