Sunny Boy Stats (was New Interesting installation) [RE-wrenches]

ASAP POWER! asap at podnine.com
Mon Apr 21 15:01:35 PDT 2003

I'd accept 0-1% fail rate as legitimate stat for the Sunny Boy.  Three "bad"
inverters I've dealt with have ended up indicating 1) improper grid
impedance for an entire neighborhood (corrected by SCE linemen after the
SB's called attention to it), 2) that a second and third display was needed,
and 3) that a 20amp 2-pole breaker was failing and then failed.  The latter
two situations involved potential need for replacement inverters, these were
sent out and were not needed after the real problems were discovered.  The
overall ease of ability to troubleshoot, (and good tech support services of
course), of knowing whether it's a DC or AC side problem, internal, or
external, etc, makes an SMA inverter an even better product. In fact, I tell
my customers that the SMA inverter will tell you more about other problems
than have problems of its own, and indeed, this has been the case so far.
The "inverter part" has actually always worked and has not let any smoke out
once.

Peter D.
ASAP POWER!