Fw: Interesting installation [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Mon Apr 21 13:40:04 PDT 2003

<x-flowed>
Hiya Jay,
Europe's commitment to RE is FAR more advanced than ours. The fairly
high payback per KW/H there amounts to a subsidy which offsets
subsidies to other energy providers and makes for a more even playing
field. Imagine that...
I'm all for that type of cheap loan/production credit system.
Unfortunately, it will not work here simply because there is not
going to ever BE a level playing field for RE.  Coal, Gas, Oil, and
Nuclear have the best Senators, Congressmen, and lobbyists money can
buy. That's how it works, like it or not.
So buydown rebates are necessary, IMO, to keep the thing going until
that happy day when the REAL costs of fossil fuel burning or waste
disposal are factored into the retail price of power.
Still, the Oregon model has some things to recommend it. County
electrical inspectors are never going to measure production, are
they? At best, you're going to get one that knows what he/she is
looking at and doesn't either blindly follow somebody's study guide
(sorry, Bill) or -worse- just sign the thing off if it LOOKS good.
The ETO inspector will be an experienced Wrench. He may well help
installers by pointing out correctable deficiencies. We live in
hope...
Best, bob-O

--
Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection