2500 watt inverter and well pump [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 24 07:05:00 PST 2003

I reluctantly (we usually only sell larger systems) sold several Prosine
1800 and 2500 inverters to some clients on a budget that needed a smaller
lower cost sinewave inverter.  I still do not think these units have as much
built in "safety factor" as Trace and Outback, and know they have lower
efficiency and higher standby loss, but I must say I was very surprised how
well these Prosine models have preformed (as long as no overloading!).

I have not had the same "warm fuzzy" experience with their smaller 1200 and
1800 non-sinewave units which will not handle temporary motor startup surge
loads at all.  Just my 2 cents.

Jeff Yago

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com