Grid-Tied SW output meter [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Wed Mar 12 12:23:57 PST 2003

Matt and David,

Most meters are bi-directional as long as the register does not go below
00000. Some meters have detents so they only go in one direction, but these
are special order meters and are only used by very paranoid utilities. Don't
ever go below 00000 however because very few meters know how to read that
properly. If you have a meter that you think may go negative, start it out
with 01000 or 10000 kWh on the meter so it won't go below zero.

Bill.