BAD power factor?? [RE-wrenches]

sunwise sunwise at cheqnet.net
Tue Mar 11 08:58:45 PST 2003

I agree with you Jeff about cheap CFLs from China, especially on
Mod-square wave.  Regards to power factor, I wondering if something else
is happening here.

You can't use the ratings on the label to figure out how much power the
light bulb or any appliance uses.  They are almost always listed high or
at the highest surge in the worst conditions.  For instance, while a
typical, medium sized TV may say 200 watts on the label, it will
probably operate closer to 60 - 80 watts in normal operation.

Kurt Nelson