Pump Novice [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windy at dankoffsolar.com
Mon Mar 10 10:05:49 PST 2003

<x-flowed>
>Friends:
>
>Excuse my ignorance, but I've had little opportunity to work on DC pump
>systems:
>
>I have a client for whom I installed an off grid system.  They also have a
>DC pumping system installed by the ranch foreman.  I got a call from the
>client-- no water since Thursday.  The family member that handles technical
>matters on the ranch is out of the country for a month.
>
>  I went by with the family while on a drive Sunday.  While the kids played
>with the bunnies, I checked the system.  The 4 SP75s were putting 78 volts
>into the controller.  There was 64 volts on the wire to the well pump.  I
>assumed the pump may be bad or clogged?
>
>The pump is a Sunrise 5230 SR and the controller is a 5200SP.  The power
>LEDS were all illuminated.  I tried the float bypass, no change.  What is
>the illuminated  "Dry?" LED mean?

William

The light labeled "Dry?" means that the current draw is lower than
normal, indicating that it may be running dry. The controller can't
really tell if it's that or a mechanical fault where motor is just
spinning, or if the pipe came off the pump so there's no pressure
load, hence the "?".

The power lights indicate that it voltage is being applied to the
pump cable (as you confirmed) so the power system appears to be OK.
There is some fault down below.

The instruction manual has a good troubleshooting guide.

I suggest you call our tech support for assistance at 888 396-6611.

Windy

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm