CA Solar Tax ??? [RE-wrenches]

ASAP POWER! asap at podnine.com
Tue Feb 18 12:59:05 PST 2003

The language here does suggest an exemption for customer generated power and
systems.

"Consistent with Public Utilities Code Section 2827.7, customer generation
eligible for net metering shall be exempt from the CRS adopted in this
order."

But this is still insane.  I really think the IOU's are shooting themselves
in the foot with this one but I betcha this happens sooner than later.
Let's hope at least Lorretta's alternative will hold.  Funny, she was the
only one we didn't have email for but maybe she's come to our rescue anyway.

RANT ON:
The CPUC should stay out of the renewables DG/solar business and leave it to
the CEC.  CPUC is so in bed with the IOU's.  Those two must collaborate to a
high degree since both are involved in maintaining the multiple collusional
energy infrastructures we have going in this state.  I've been told (by a
DOE Million Solar Roofs regional administrator) that the utilities also have
a big part of the say in deciding just what the eligible costs are on the
Self Gen program.  Does anyone know if this is true?  Just another way to
limit their "losses."  I would only expect that the IOU's could rationalize
their losses in this new manner and feel the need to be paid back for their
contribution to the CA energy fiasco.  This is so much like a tax, collected
for them, by them, and because of them.  RE-volutionaries must fight the
good fight.  Leave this one to the big-time diesel generators.  They can use
the tax to pay for cleanup.
RANT OFF:

Does anyone know if the public can provide testimony at rulemaking sessions
for proposed decisions at the CPUC, are non-lawyers allowed?

Peter
ASAP POWER!/1AU, Inc.