Outback queries [RE-wrenches]

Bob Maynard, Energy Outfitters bob at energyoutfitters.com
Thu Feb 6 07:45:06 PST 2003

Hi Marcos,

We are officially shipping FX2024's.  When you say quantity, orders placed today for 2-4 units should ship by the end of next week or early the following week, if you need a skid of sixteen, I'd need about 3 weeks lead time so as not to delay or distrupt the flow of regular orders.  We'll have to wait for Christopher to answer the grid interactive time frame question.  Its my understanding that they plan to finish the 48v inverter before the grid interactive.

All 24 volt inverters after serial # 100 (currently shipping around 190) have the low idle current fix and are stackable.  Units sold by Energy Outfitters below serial #100 are currently being replaced with new units, at the dealers option and we're issuing call tags.  These units can also be field upgraded by Trained Outback Technicians should that be an easier approach for the dealer.  Beta tester's can recieve boards and low power idle kits directly from the factory for field upgrade, if they haven't already.

I have to say I'm extremely impressed with my beta unit's performance since the upgrade, enough so, that I've made the decision to go forth with releasing the FX as a ready for prime time product for Off Grid and Standby Power applications. I'm operating my unit in the HBX mode and so far operation is so seamless with the grid, that my wife can't tell when we're on inverter power.  The circuits on the inverter are refrig, 1/2 kitchen outlets, entertainment center, assorted lighting (CF, halogen, low use incand.), and computer.  I can tell when we're on inverter by a very minor, almost un-noticable interferance on my old Sony TV.  Before upgrading the inverter, it had a problem with the half wave load of the halogen lights.  The upgrade has taken care of my problem there.

I'll be out of the office today and back in tomorrow if anyone has questions.

Regards,
Bob Maynard
Energy Outfitters