Wind query [RE-wrenches]

Roy Butler, Four Winds RE roy at four-winds-energy.com
Wed Feb 5 07:51:35 PST 2003

Hi Allan,

One word of advice....sty away from 2 bladed wind gennies. We have had no
luck at all with them here in NY. Two bladed wind generators are famous for
unbalanced operation....3 bladers are better balanced and generally
tougher/ longer lasting. I, too, am concerned about that 50' tower
height....I'll betcha there's some considerable turbulence there.

For that reason, I'd shy away from the H80....take a close look at those
steel blade arm extensions. My money is on blade failure within 2-3 years
max. I would seriously consider the AWP 3.6....it's probably the only unit
that will hold up under the turbulent conditions present at the site. And
it's comparably priced to the H80. And it will work with the EZ-wire...I
have a customer who is running his AWP through his existing Whisper 3000
EZ-Wire with no complications.

We have 2 flying here and we're very pleased with their operation in this
high/ turbulent wind area. FYI....this region is well known for it's
ability to chew Whispers up and bury the parts in the ground at the tower
base....makes for great customer relations! I no longer pull any punches
about wind generator quality/ longevity...and no longer sell/ install
Whispers for that reason.

Hope this helps.....good luck!

Roy Butler
Four Winds Renewable Energy