Quirky and amusing things and List Etiquette [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Mon Jan 27 09:45:03 PST 2003

Michael:

I seen to recall that you have been having some internet connection
problems.  You may not have received the affirming replies to my suggestion
that we open this list up just a little.  This is in order to use this
forum to foster a bit more of a social community among members of this group.

Also, many from outside California wanted a chance to "eavesdrop" on
discussions about our trials and tribulations in the event their state
adopts a net metering law.  This should be a most important factor in
deciding whether to split the list, not on the volume of traffic.  I hope
this list is operating as some sort of democracy and not at the sole
discretion of it's moderator.

I, for one (and I've heard others agree) wish to participate in a less
rigid discussion environment.  I would welcome the opportunity to have a
beer with any one of our 199 subscribers.  Lacking that opportunity, a
chance to trade an occasional bit of wit would seem to cause no harm.
Others on this list have echoed that sentiment.  I say we loosen up just a
bit!

William

At 09:30 AM 1/22/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Sorry, William. There is not consensus to expand the subject matter of
this list. Many folks that have a different vision from yours. Did you know
that there are now 199 Wrenches subscribed to this list? Just try to get
consensus out of that affinity group!

>All that said, the possibility of injury due to exploding tools used in
our field is not off-topic. Safety is a key element of installation.

>I do appreciate your thoughts about not taking up too much of my time,
though. I am prepared to spend whatever time this list takes. I view it as
very important to the industry.

>All flames, yeas, nays, etc. off-list, please. All bribes gratefully
accepted, let me know if you need my address.

>William Miller wrote at 09:50 PM 01/21/2003:
>
>>I'm glad this exchange may have saved someone from an injury.  Hopefully it
>>provided some entertainment as well.
>>
>>It sounds like we may have consensus to open this list to a slightly
>>broader subject matter.  I suggest we keep the subject line accurate to
>>allow all to read only those topics of interest.  I also suggest that we
>>try to monitor this list ourselves and avoid tying up too much of Michael's
>>time.

William Miller
Miller Power and Communications
PO Box 50, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
Voice :805-438-5600     Fax: 805-438-4607
email: wrmiller at slonet.org
http://millerpowerandcomm.com
License No. C-10-773985
Compatibility:
Word processor: WP10
Spreadsheet: Quatro Pro 10
CAD: Microstation 95, DXF, Visio 4.1T
"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under."
                                    H. L. Mencken

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com