List manager getting involved [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch michael_welch at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 14 09:56:32 PST 2003

I have been getting good response from the list this time, so thanks.

But one recurring point that I guess I did not make clear is that **ALL** RE-Wrench members would be allowed to join this new list if it is decided upon, so nobody would miss the discussions. Also, I would propose allowing CEC participation, and any other recognizable stakeholders, as a subject for discussion if the list is implemented.

All responses off-list, please.

Michael Welch wrote at 03:36 PM 01/13/2003:

>Hello Wrenches. Please respond to me off list.
>
>1) In November I sent out an email that, among other things, asked about the need for a new, California specific list. I only heard from 5 people, and here is the nutshell:
>
>a) separate list, or maybe OK for RE-Markets -- but leave CA installation posts on list (from a non-CA wrench)
>b) for separate, but afraid it would splinter the group (non-CA wrench)
>c) separate list (non-CA wrench)
>d) no separate list -- separate would be a mistake because cross-pollination is good, would rather see separate lists for on and off grid (CA wrench)
>e) no separate list (CA wrench)
>
>Well, at the time I left the issues of separate lists for CA-specific and NABCEP topics alone, because I thought they would die or at least slow down. But the California stuff has not. Please let me hear (off list) from those that have not yet given me an opinion on a separate list. If I were to decide by myself, I would start the new list and restrict the topic on this list, because I heavily sympathize with you out-of-state comrades. In fact, the new Calif-Wrenches list is set up and ready to go -- just in case...

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com