SW4024 and Pizzo Ignitors [RE-wrenches]

sunwise sunwise at cheqnet.net
Fri Jan 3 19:56:37 PST 2003

Nice call Matt,

If you are right, it might also be worth looking at what the SW's Max
Charge Amps are set at as well as the Max AC2 Amps overall setting is
at.  I don't have a manual handy to say what the menu numbers or titles
are but the Battery Charging setting is generally set fairly high and
the Max Amps Input(?) setting will throttle back on the charging amps to
stay within the maximum generator output parameters.  Provide a little
breathing room between stated generator output and the SW settings.

Also, remember that with igniters that fire a pilot that satisfies a
thermocouple, there is a delay before the burner firing (perhaps a
minute or two, and a failing thermocouple itself could be the culprit).

If a glow-bar is used, either temporary to ignite a pilot or a regular
glow-bar igniter, each could be adversely effected by the lower
operating voltages of an overloaded generator.

Kurt Nelson