six motions of the hand [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 22:53:22 PST 2003

Thanks Richard
Actually that is where it came from.  The inspector
wants no more than 6 motions of the hand to turnoff
all sources of of power to the Solar related
equipment.  And wants all of these six motions grouped
together.

what I am after is this gets kind of complex, and was
wondering what others thought of to handle the problem
or if I am the  only one whos inspector has brought it
up.

My inspector wants it and I was wondering if other
faced it and had addressed this in some neat way.  I
think my inspector is open to some flexability, I have
a meeting this Friday.

I am also going to propose the paralleling of 250 amp
breakers, I have done in the past, many years ago, and
the code changes, does anyone know?  I do not want to
propose if there is something wrong.

Darryl

--- Richard L Ratico <Richard.L.Ratico at VALLEY.NET>
wrote:
>  In a spirit of cooperation and a desire to do the
> right thing, try posing these
> questions to the individual electrical inspector you
> will work with. Most likely
> you will find him or her to be quite helpful.
>
> Dick Ratico
> Solarwind Electric
>
> --- You wrote:
> has anyone had to face the six motions of the hand
> in
> the inspector code requirements, for turning off the
> sources to the solar equipment?
>
> Any tips as the "grouped" together in the code?
>
> Any advice on parralleling breakers?
> --- end of quote ---
>
> - - - -
>
> Archive of previous messages: