FX2024 Grid-Tie listing. [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Mon Dec 22 19:09:41 PST 2003

CVSOLAR at aol.com wrote:

> Chris, Just wondering how the grid-tie testing is coming along.  I have
> a system ready to go with an FX2024 and Bergey XL.1 which I need to have
> grid-tie capability to qualify for the Vermont Wind Incentive Program.
> Our incentive program will be short lived with 40% of the money gone in
> two months.  I would hate to have to backtrack and put in an SW4024
> after I have convinced the customer that your inverter is a better
> choice.

> By the way, we have installed several MX60's and now that the data
> logging issue has been solved, we are planning to use it on all larger
> systems.  I just love it when it snoozes instead of going to sleep.  It
> is good to know that it will wake up and go back to work.

>John Blittersdorf
>Central Vermont Solar and Wind

Hey John (and all the wrenches still out there...)

The testing is going well - we were hoping we would have it all done
this week as a Christmas present - but it looks like we might have to
test on Monday of next week... The testing takes a lot of time -
especially since we are certifying four models at the same time (sealed
/ vented - 24 & 48 vdc).

We also have nailed down the program and cost for upgrading an existing
FX or VFX inverter to the Grid-Tie version.  Contact us here at OutBack
for the details.  We will have it on the website in a few days but all
of our resources are currently focused on finishing up the testing...

And for those interested - here is some video of one of utility
interactive tests being conducted... be sure your speakers are turned on
and the volume is turned up to get the full effect.

http://www.mikeholt.com/img/mojonews/LugoSWR-56K.ram

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com