Battery Charger Options [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Albershardt info at es-ee.com
Sat Nov 29 15:50:59 PST 2003

<x-flowed>
--On Saturday, November 29, 2003 5:27 PM -0600 "Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar" <ozsolar at ipa.net> wrote:

> I am in need of a battery charger that I can precisely adjust the
> voltage and amperage on.  120 volt AC input, 12 volt nominal DC output.
> 5 amps minimum, 20 amps or more would be even better.  It needs to be
> able to get up to at least 15.5 volts and stay there so I can equalize
> the battery.

I've never cranked up one of the Iota DLS Series units to see how high they'll go (there is an adjustable pot inside), but in terms of bang-for-the buck DC supplies they're hard to beat <http://www.iotaengineering.com/dls.htm> 15, 30, and 45 Amp models are priced within a few dollars of each other.

Modifying current output on these requires changing (and matching) several low value resistors on the boards, IMO not worth the trouble.

Call Don at Iota and ask if they'll get to 15.5 Volts.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com