Battery Life in Grid-Tie Systems [RE-wrenches]

Carl Emerson, Free Power Ltd. freepower at freepower.co.nz
Wed Nov 19 19:19:03 PST 2003

<x-flowed>
Hi there,

Following on from the original question...

I just checked a bank of Trojan L16's that have been in service on a
grid-tie installation for two years.

They have hydrocaps and have never needed watering.

I have instructed the client to disconnect the grid for a day every few
months to give the bank something to do and thereby extend the life of
the bank.

The question I have is will the bank which is 99% in float mode require
equalization as well as regular cycling ??

Your thoughts...

Carl Emerson
Free Power Ltd.
Auckland. NZ