SMA- SB voltage window [RE-wrenches]

John Berdner jberdner at sma-america.com
Mon Oct 27 09:56:14 PST 2003

Keith:

The Sunny Boys can be adjusted but we require a letter from the utility
that authorizes the changes for that specific installation (serial
number(s) and location).  We have done this for a few customers with
very specific issues and only with the knowledge and buy-in of the
utility.

I must point out however that voltage limits were developed for a
reason.
If you crank the voltage up you will reduce the life of other loads at
the site, e.g. light bulbs, motors, etc.
If you change voltages without the utility permission and they find out
about it they can lock you off their system.
Contact me off line if you have additional questions.

Best Regards,

John Berdner

>>> kcronin at lava.net 10/26/2003 01:09:10 PM >>>

Hello

Does anyone know if the Sunnyboy 2500 is field adjustable for the
voltage window to be expanded like the Xantrex large units are?

Thanks

Keith Cronin

President

Island Energy Solutions