NABCEP exam [RE-wrenches]

Jeffery Wolfe, Global Resource Options jeff at globalresourceoptions.com
Sun Oct 26 17:56:39 PST 2003

I think they are waiting to see how we do. Since we're a super qualified
group (?) I think they figure they should have a decent passing percentage
from the group, so they'll figure out where it needs to be. I've asked the
question, and received no answer.

I just hope my lack of knowledge ("What is the most important safety item to
wear when installing PV panels on a ground rack? Work gloves or steel toed
boots?" Here I was worried about electrical knowledge) doesn't cross the
wrong side of the line!

I "finished" the test in about 2.5 hours, and then used an hour to review
and change a few answers (always the kiss of death). The time provided was
much more realistic than the Xantrex round 1 testing.

As some one else voiced though, there were several very subjective questions
(what's the "best" thing to do in the following instance) where I could
justify, depending upon surrounding circumstances, several answers. Almost
like I'd been in the field TOO much.

Overall a good start for a test though. If you pass, you're qualified at a
certain level. Those who are not qualified with some experience will pretty
much not pass. I think it needs to hone in a little more on it's focus (not
be a safety test, for example), and be more like other specialty tests. (Not
test everything you need to know to be successful, just test those in the
core area.) My 2 cents.

Jeff