panel poaching [RE-wrenches]

Bruce Geddes b.geddes at clear.net.nz
Sun Oct 19 22:05:06 PDT 2003

Here in NZ there was a spate of Telco PV thefts a few years ago in my area.
The company replaced one remote repeater array using tamperproofs but the
site still went down.  Investigation showed that the array atop a 15m pole
had been hacksawed off the pole!  You can only go so far.  Telecom did not
bother to record serial no's so not much the industry could do to track down
the panels.

Bruce Geddes
PowerOn