12 volt differential controller [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 14 20:28:55 PDT 2003

hi Mark
I put together a simple op amp comparator "schmitt
trigger" circuit from radio shack parts and the
circuit board.  It seems to work.  I used the LM324 op
amp, and 10 k resistors, and a 100 K positive feed
back resistor.  I hooked it up to a 12 VDC power
supply.   give me the temperature range you would like
and I will tell you how it works, by doing some
calculations.  Send me your Fax number and I will fax
a drawing.  This is not a refined circuit and cost
about $8 or so. This is not a refined circuit, and the
differencial will vary woth temperature.  The
selection of the feed back resistor determines the
switching hysterisis.   Please note I am not a circuit
designer and only took a couple of design coursed at
school, about 42 years ago.  So I was never good and
now am forgetfull.  If some one else who has a young
brain would like to help. please do so.

Daryl
PS the LM324 can only source 40 mills, to drive a
relay you should use an emmetter follower and free
wheeling diode.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com