Battery choice: one string or two? [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 17:49:05 PDT 2003

Hello
I have had problems, I find that ONE string is
perfered.  I like single cells because I can move
them.  I would agree that lead-antimony is the
standard choice for a stand alone cycling system.
However the better lead-calcium seem to be very close
to the same product.  I do not have experiance with
cycling lead-calcium however.

I would point out that I have had experiance of two
battery fires, in both cases when the problem occured
the parallel string dumped its energy into the
defective string, causing the fire.

Daryl

http://shopping.yahoo.com

- - - -