Piezo sparking stove [RE-wrenches]

Jon Hill, Sierra Solar Systems solarjon at netshel.net
Mon Sep 29 14:45:43 PDT 2003

<x-flowed>
>Hi Kurt,
>
>>>recommendations of a small 24 V inverter that won't do that.
>>
>>You might try a 24V Exeltech XP250 in that application.
>
>I'd like to, but it makes it a rather expensive stove. ;-)
>
>Ian

I have the same stove and am grid-connected with a SW4024. My stove
still occasionally sparks like the one mentioned, for no apparent
reason. There is no way to reset the stove. (Even turning off the
breaker won't stop the sparking after turning it back on). My only
solution has been to let it keep sparking till it stops, which can
take 15 minutes or more. Even though we've sold some of these stoves,
I'm not very pleased with mine. Does anyone know of another brand
without a glow bar?
Jon Hill
--
-----------------

Sierra Solar Systems
563C Idaho Maryland Road
Grass Valley, CA 95945
tech info and foreign orders:  (530) 273-6754
order line: (800) 51-SOLAR (US only)   FAX:  (530) 273-1760
e-mail:  <mailto:solarjon at sierrasolar.com>
world wide web:  <http://www.sierrasolar.com>

Because of the high volume of e-mail to which I respond, please
leave _all_ of the previous messages (unless it's unbearable) in
   your reply so I can better remember your original message.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com