Uni-Solar and SMA and Xantrex PV inverters [RE-wrenches]

Roy Dyngen roy.dyngen at xantrex.com
Tue Aug 19 09:04:57 PDT 2003

Joel,

As for nuisance breaker tripping or blown fuses, they would have to be
sized to allow for the "soaking" period.  In particular to the PV series
inverters, exceeding the 600 volt limit will cause a latching
fault,(must be manually reset).  I spoke to Mike Behnke in Livermore and
he said he had in the past suggested shorting out one panel per string
during the soaking period to minimize the chance of overvoltage.

Roy Dyngen
Joel Davidson wrote:

> Uni-Solar modules have higher initial voltage and current. Has anyone
> experienced nuisance breaker trips or blown fuses during the first 8 to
> 10 weeks after installation?

Roy Dyngen

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com