Thermomax ruggedness [RE-wrenches]

Gary Higbee gary at windstreamsolar.com
Fri Aug 15 20:57:57 PDT 2003

Larry,

Wow, I'm impressed. This has been a nagging question for me for some time,
and it's great to get some feedback regarding the Thermomax tubes. I've
always known that sphere's/cylinders were very strong, but just what are
these things made of--Kryptonite somethingerather? I've heard that these
tubes can extract significant heat in cloudy weather, too, though I know
that those of you on the East side of the big hills don't see much of that!

Gary

From: "larry" <larry at h2nation.com>
Subject: Re: Thermomax ruggedness [RE-wrenches]

> I have one customer with a 60 tube setup that is inclined about 35 degrees
> since they wanted most of the heat in the summer.
>
> About 2 months ago we experienced hail of at least 1" with very high winds
> and I thought for sure they would be toast.
>
> No damage at all. I saw in a video a demo where two fairly heftey guys
stood
> on a Thermomax tube set between two concrete blocks with no breakage. I
know
> that a high impact is more important but this was impressive.
>
> Larry Elliott

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm