no batteries on grid tie [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Thu Aug 7 08:46:06 PDT 2003

Daryl,

If your customer intends to be connected to the grid, you have to use
equipment that's been approved for the job, which eliminates
experimentation with capacitors and other home brew recipes. In essence,
a battery is a capacitor when used the way you plan.

A Xantrex SW with a small battery, say 100 AH or so, should do just
fine. Plus they will have a little bit of reserve power for outages if
you also install a transfer switch in the mix. Are you interested in
sealed batteries because of the maintenance factor?

Matt T