More needs with grounding [RE-wrenches]

sunwise sunwise at cheqnet.net
Tue Jul 29 22:13:42 PDT 2003

Jason Fisher wrote:

At the house, make sure this same neutral is not bonded in any other
location other that the common point at the main disconnect.

AND: (on the issue of the ground proper) "with buried bare wire"

Hey Jason,

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to hopefully answer two questions
with one post.

On the first note, the sharing of a common bus for grounding and neutral
in any main or sub-panel would qualify for a ground bonded in multiple
locations (bonding screw/jumper installed)?  A separate grounding bus
would be required from that of the neutral with it bonded to the
enclosure?

And on the buried ground wire..... I'm doing a cabin system really in
the woods with 300 feet between the house and the array.  I have always
bonded the grounding at the array to the house/system ground.  This time
both the home run conductors which are in 1-1/4 PVC conduit and the
ground wire (wire tied to the outside of the conduit) slither thru the
forest floor above ground.  I put two rods at the home end, one at the
tracker, and have decided to add two more, one in the creek near the
home (which the wire and conduit crosses) and the other closer to the
array.  Is this above grade ground wire a long wire antenna just waiting
for a near-by hit to smoke all the nice stuff bolted to the wall, or
will the grounds, into clay, gonna keep it all to ground?

Thanks in advance -- Kurt Nelson

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm