PV north facing in US [RE-wrenches]

William Korthof wkorthof at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 24 12:03:52 PDT 2003

<x-flowed>
It's summer. At summer solstice in the northern hemisphere
(moderate latitudes) north-facing roofs capture more morning
and evening sun. At noon, the sun is nearly vertical (north
and south are similar).

However.... at winter solstice in Arcata, the sun may not even
rise enough to light a north-pitched array (eg, 30 deg) at noon.

Take data over a year and... surprise... the south side wins.
(unless you have a Shady Boy inverter   ;-/   ).

/wk

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com