Grid-tie/backup inverter status [RE-wrenches]

Daryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 01:07:25 PDT 2003

 The success that I have had with Outback makes me
believe that would be your top choice.  I have had
just excellent luck.  I am building a system on a new
house, the house is under construction, planning for
system commissioning this fall, that will be stand
alone now and will be grid tied when the line is comes
through next spring.  I am holding off using a
temporary inverter until I turn the house over, then
the last thing will be to put in an Outback inverter
hoping it will be grid compatible by then.

Daryl
Daryl_solar at yahoo.com

--- Doug Pratt <dmpratt at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Kelly,
>
>   The SW+ is not, and never will be, grid-tie
> capable. It's aimed at the
> off-grid homestead folks.
>
>   The Outback folks are still saying "end of summer"
> for grid-tie
> capability on the Outback. I think it'll be the
> cat's pajamas when it's
> ready, but estimates of how long it'll be till some
> complex piece of
> equipment gets out of UL-approval land are notorious
> guesstimates.
> Christopher? Care to jump in here with the latest
> prognostications? (We
> won't hold you to them...)
>
> Cheers,
> Doug Pratt