Fw: NAPCEP AND THE CEC [RE-wrenches]

Nick Nicholas, APS APS at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Fri Jun 6 19:47:45 PDT 2003

Hi Wrenches:
    What bugs me the most about the CEC is that every time I submit a
reservation request, a different reviewer asks me to add something new to
all my future contracts!!!  I guess I will put up with it, as long as they
mail the checks.
    I support the CEC requiring NABCEP certification as a requirement of the
program, because it provides licensed, certified dealers with an advantage
over other internet and dealer companies.  This seems 100% fair to me
considering that we are the only sales people who are required to provide
free repairs/servicing for warranted equipment we sell and install.  This is
a service which has saved many of my customers thousands of dollars in
warranty work.  For a long time, it has made more sense to just sell
equipment, and let another company install the equipment.  That way, if your
customer's equipment brakes, you can say "OK, bring the equipment to my
store, and I'll get a replacement part."  The customer has to have the
equipment un-installed and re-installed, so the customer calls the
installation company, but they say, "It's not my fault the DC load center
caught on fire.  I didn't sell the equipment anyway."  So the customer has
to pay for servicing his equipment, which is warranted.  I know this happens
a lot.
    Also, as a note the 15% additional CEC rebate installer warranted
systems has made a big difference for me when competing against out-of-state
internet companies.  When a customer can purchase his equipment without
sales tax, and they are quoted 3.65 per watt, it helps to have the 15% going
for you.

            Nick Nicholas
            Chief of Engineering
            Alternative Power Systems, Inc.