cost per kWh [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Mon Jun 2 15:08:21 PDT 2003

Thanks Bill. I would have thought the SW would be far worse in conversion
efficiency, so it is that stupid battery floating all night that really is the
problem. I imagine Outback will be the ones to finally make a grid tie machine
that is smart enough to know when it is not needed. 45 to 50 watts continual
overhead is significant, especially during those dark winter months when the
PV's don't even generate that much.

Todd

Bill Brooks wrote:

> Todd,
> Night-time losses for the SW are measured at a continuous 40-45 Watts. The
> SB is one big donut (no losses) at night.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com