Gel Cycle Life [RE-wrenches]

Clive Wilkins, PowerSense powersense at horizon.co.fk
Fri Apr 11 04:55:01 PDT 2003

Hi Doug, I'm a bit confussed here....so who make these batteries.....MK  ,
Concorde, or Sonnenschein ( now owned by Exide )
>From my experience the AGM  cells are good for instant rapid discharge duty,
but like to be  fully recharged, if not they fall over 100 plus cycles down
the line.
Gels are  better for cycling duty, however both suffer if over charged, both
have same self discharge characteristics which are much better than wet
L.A's
I  use Sonnenschein Dryfit 3 GMF 240  6 volt. TRACTION cells for R.E.
systems when I have doubts about maintenance, they'll give you 1000 cycles
to 80% discharge.
contact for these cells.....Dave Harris   gvanman at ameritech.net
Cheers Clive

PowerSense
Dunnose Head Farm
Falkland Islands
Tel  00 500 42202
Fax 00 500 42203
powersense at horizon.co.fk
http://www.falklandwool.com/powersense
Supply and Installation of 24-hour power systems