Uplift Wind Loading Values [RE-wrenches]

keith kcronin at lava.net
Wed Mar 19 16:57:23 PST 2003

Hey

I have a wind load question....is it possible to use self tapping screws
into a corrugated roof that is supported by z bar purling for pv racking
support?  Or is it advisable to drill the 90 degree angle iron that
makes the z bar purling assembly and have threaded rod through the roof?
I feel this might be better to limit the compression on the corrugation
and the roof.  What is the wind rating or perhaps a mechanical engineer
would know how many self tappers x width of screw or just go for
threaded rod and sleep better!

Thanks in advance!

Keith Cronin
Island Energy Solutions