Grid-Tied SW output meter [RE-wrenches]

William Korthof wkorthof at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 14 20:26:56 PST 2003

<x-flowed>
I had an idea for this situation... for an installation with one
SW inverter (120 Vac only) perhaps a single meter could
be used to measure both outputs from the inverter---use
the "line 1" side of the meter for the grid side of the meter
and "line 2" for the load side. I think it would need to be a
mechanical type meter with a neutral coil connection
(ie, "single phase" meter for use on 120/208 3-phase).
The neutral connection should allow the two lines to be
measured properly and independently, whether they are
in phase (normal operation), or otherwise (grid off, grid
frequency error...).

/wk

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm