Washing machine [RE-wrenches]

scott scott at backwoodssolar.com
Fri Feb 14 13:11:41 PST 2003

Kurt,

The Staber is the only horizontal axis washing machine which we have found
to operate on a modified square wave inverter. We have had numerous
customers comment that their Maytag Neptune or their Kenmore or their
Fridgedaire units don't function on their modified square wave inverters.

Staber will make the necessary adjustments to their circuit board to
accommodate your specific inverter. And they will warranty any problems even
if the unit is powered by an inverter whereas the other mainstream
manufacturers will not.

We sell about 50 Stabers each year with few complaints. We have used one at
Backwoods for years and it works fine. Originally they only required a 500
watt inverter to run, but the starting surge of their new motor now demands
a 1500 watt unit. It uses about 165 watt-hours per load. It top loads and
can be interrupted mid-cycle should one want to add more clothes. Very user
serviceable should repairs be needed.

Scott

Backwoods Solar Electric Systems www.backwoodssolar.com
info at backwoodssolar.com
Phone(208)263-4290  Fax (208) 265-4788  in Idaho, USA