wireless internet dish/wind turbine tower [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Thu Feb 13 21:09:41 PST 2003

Tom,

Wow-eeee. This sounds pretty interesting. But. One thing you might be
careful about is any frequency noise from the turbine blades themselves
(plus the alternator of course). I seem to recall that there can be some
weird feedback, if that's the correct word, between a parabolic receiver and
rotating blades. This was a big problem with windfarm installations way back
when, but perhaps your blade arc swings far enough above the dish.

Around here, central California, I've noticed the fruits of a suggestion I
made early last year to a Cell phone tower installation company, in the form
of conventional water pumping windmills sprouting up all over the place,
with no plumbing at all, just 4 inconspicuous antennae sticking out of the
side of the towers! Kee=rap. I should have protected myself somehow. Pretty
funny, considering you have to go through all kinds of pain to put a wind
turbine in (not to methion a cell tower!) but not a pumper!

Is there no justice?

Matt T