LPG Refridgerators [RE-wrenches]

James Lamb, Middle Fork Engineering j.lamb at pecorp.com
Mon Feb 10 07:43:13 PST 2003

There was a rebate program for servels because there has been cases of
Carbon Monoxide (CO) deaths and injures. CO is an ordorless gas and its
presence cannot be smelled. You can be exposed to small amounts of CO and
the effects accumulate over time. Long term health effects can be serious
causing fatigue, flue like symptoms, nerve damage, and other items. High
levels of exposure will cause death in a short time.  Servel agreed to offer
the rebate as some part of a settlement with the government safety
organizations to get the Servels out of peoples homes.
 Any Combustion will produce CO if the combustion process is not complete.
The burners on gas frigs and on any gas appliance must be inspected cleaned
and adjusted at regular intervals. An experienced service person must hired
or at the very least consulted when working on these appliances. Every home
must have a working CO and smoke detector
James Lamb
Middlefork Engineering