cost per kw installed [RE-wrenches]

keith kcronin at lava.net
Thu Jan 30 21:30:23 PST 2003

Graham

It is amazing the swing in prices.  I am always shooting in the 9 per
watt zone.  I  exclude permitting.  In Hawaii that can vary
dramatically.  On Oahu, it can be a 400 permit fee on a $30,000 system.
I am always mentally wrestling with cost of living increases, health
care etc. I think everyone is.  I am praying for some incentives here.
My last 4.8 kw dual SB2500 system went in for $36,000.  It was a tricky
roof.

I love Stan's racking stuff.  I recently ordered in 30 kits because the
local supplier doesn't like his stuff and they have some beef with each
other.  His racking makes installs safe, and potentially lowers my
workman's comp claims.  It can get pretty roasty on the roofs here, so I
would like to get on and off the roof as quickly as possible.  My local
supplier has those cheap l channel and unistrut style setups for the
last 15 years and isn't much interested in changing.  I told them it is
a new world with the larger modules.  Try to carry up the ladder 3 or 4
SP150's....yikes...the one at a time PSP system is ideal.

I sincerely appreciate your info..!!!

Keith Cronin
Island Energy Solutions
318 A Kuulei Road