Seasonal Heating Heat Storage [RE-wrenches]

Dana Orzel dana at solarwork.com
Thu Jan 30 10:28:15 PST 2003

There is a way to store all of the heat required to heat your home  in the
winter and cool your home in the summer.

There is a system called PAHS, Passive Annual Heat Storage that was
developed by John Haitt [sp] in Missoula, MT. Ever heard of the GEO DOME II?
The system involves earth tubes and earth insulation- waterproofing for 20
FT beyond the structure.

The system can be retrofitted to an existing structure. A slab is best but I
did one with a raised floor system. It is not a simple write-up and I have
much to do at present. Anyone interested? and I will have to get the book
out and find the tel. #. Contact me off line.  dana at solarwork.com

I built a home in the Puget Sound region, 8 years ago using the principles
in the book and the house floats at 65 to 66 DEG F year round with out any
additional heat other than passive and capturing the heat of occupancy,
I.e.: bath room vent fans, heated water going down to the septic system,
what little passive sun is available in the wet NW, heat from the dryer, and
stove vent. It also self ventilates itself 24/7/365 using gravity as the
engine, and delivers temperature conditioned air consistently.

The passive annual heat Storage system is hands down the most responsible
design for heat retention, ventilation, and heat storage I have ever seen
period. No other design system uses the earth around and under the home to
store all the heat required for 6 to 7 months of heating, gravity to drain
the cold from the house while drawing in fresh air and temperature
conditioning it in the tempered insulated dry earth around the home,
The design is so much common sense that everyone who grasps this concept
will be suppressed they did not think of it themselves.

Energetically - Dana

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm