Subject: Re: Trace PS2512 drop out problems [RE-wrenches]

Steve Willey, Backwoods Solar steve at backwoodssolar.com
Wed Dec 17 12:38:38 PST 2003

Since 2 of the computers did hold up, I would not look for relays not fully
closing.  More likely the duration of the gap in power is marginally too
great for some of the computers.  I have seen SW carry computers over the
transfer, and Prosines not able to do so.

A neat cure would be to increase the size of capacitors in all your computer
power supplies to slightly extend the carrying of DC output and thus the
power input gap they can span without losing output DC voltage.  This could
be an unpleasant custom modification, or an add-on you create that just
plugs into the power supply output, or just swap to a power supply brand
with much larger filters.
Steve Willey,
Backwoods Solar Electric Systems