Piezo sparking stove [RE-wrenches]

sunwise sunwise at cheqnet.net
Mon Sep 29 10:03:58 PDT 2003

Greetings all,

Here's an unusual one.  I have a client with a Heart Interface Freedom
25 in an off-grid system.  They bought a Peerless Premier stove with
pilot-less ignition based on my recommendations, as the stove is not a
phantom load and the oven does not use a glow-bar.

The weird thing is when the inverter is idle and they turn on some other
load in the house (like the frig turns on or they run the vacuum), the
igniters on the stove top start sparking even though the stove is not in
use.  When the inverter is out of search mode the igniters are fine
regardless of what loads come on/off.  The client has even tried running
the stove with an extension cord plugged directly into the inverter and
this problem still occurs.

The way I understand it, Heart does not use a pulsing signal on the line
like Trace does, but rather a lower voltage on line until it senses a
load.  I sure can't figure what is going on here.

Any thoughts appreciated -- Kurt Nelson, SOLutions

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com