Autodialer Alarm Systems [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas - OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Mon Sep 8 18:41:16 PDT 2003

There are numerous autodialers available which can make phone calls,
send a pager message and even send emails if an error occurs. There are
even satelite based 2-way paging can be used and is pretty reasonable in
cost.

The OutBack FX series has an AUX OUTPUT which can be set to an ERROR
mode which then sends a 12 vdc signal if an error occurs.  This can be
used to close a relay to signal the autodialer.  I also have put in AC
held relays (120 VAC coils with NC contacts) connected to the load
center of inverter systems to detect failure (which might not be the
inverter's fault such as a output breaker trip or a loose connection.
This can be done in parallel with the inverter's signal or can feed a
second input on many of the autodialers.

I agree with Charlie's comment about the simplicity and low cost aspect
of the autodialer solution. The last thing I thnk we need is more
computer systems to worry about running correctly.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas at outbackpower.com  www.outbackpower.com
Tel 360 435 6030  Arlington WA USA