disco madness continues [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Tue May 27 09:59:58 PDT 2003

A note from one of our field crew:

"I met with Mike Denning, Captain of Ross Valley Fire Department (San Anselmo, CA). We talked about his departments stop on (the) solar system due to a lack of disconnect on the roof by the panels. He said that we should not have been given a permit to do (the) job without the plans having been reviewed by him first. He thinks the permit office in the city of San Anselmo must have failed to send the plans through him before granting the permit. I told him we would have put the disconnect on the roof if we had been told it was required when we applied for the permit and that it wasn’t fair to insist on it after we were granted a permit and had installed the system. He was sympathetic but not willing to change his mind. He suggested talking to the permit office about what could be done. He said that he has been working with the CEC and that in the future they will require all systems to have a disconnect on the roof by the panels. He said that all permit offices are likely to do the same. I don’t know how credible this is but it would be a good idea to ask the CEC about it.

He also said that a disconnect is needed for every string of panels along with the usual one needed next to the inverter. This would be 3 disconnects for a Sunny Boy/18 Sharp system."

What next??

-jeff o

>From the Solar, Wind and Hydro powered office of Jeff Oldham

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!